As we continue through the pandemic, the following are the current precautions we are taking at the Cathedral (updated 5/20/21):
- At the 5:00pm Saturday Mass, face coverings are required. This requirement is not foreseen to be renewed beyond Sunday, July 4.
- At all Masses, the clergy distributing communion sanitize their hands prior to distributing.
- Socially-distanced seating (every other pew roped off) is available on the side aisles (shorter side pews). The central sections of longer pews are open for flexible seating (no ropes).
- The collection is not ordinarily taken up by ushers at this time. There are brown wooden receptacles – one located by the baptismal font, one by the side entrance – where you may leave your offertory donations. We are grateful for your generosity! If there is a second collection, it will be announced, and there will be a white box on a table on the edge of the sanctuary where your donations may be left after Mass. Also, please consider using our e-giving option.
- The sign of peace is omitted (being optional anyhow).
- WE ASK THAT ANYONE WHO IS SICK OR, SPECIFICALLY, MANIFESTS THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19, STAY HOME AND/OR SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT!!
- All are reminded that there is currently a dispensation from Sunday and Holy Day worship, through May 23. Read the Bishop’s latest letter HERE.
- NEW: Our bishop is not renewing the dispensation after May 23. The letter and decree at this link explain more about how our obligation to attend Holy Mass will resume starting on Monday, May 24, 2021.
Holy Water is available in the font/stoups as you enter the church. There is also a tank (with a spigot) in the back corner of the church, from which you can fill your own holy water bottles.
Missalettes are in the pew bookracks, for those who wish to follow along with the readings. An order of worship for the Masses with music is available in the back of the church and in the rack inside the side entrance.