As we continue through the pandemic, the following are the current precautions we are taking at the Cathedral (updated 4/6/21):
- The use of face coverings is encouraged at all liturgies. (At the 5:00pm Saturday Mass, face coverings are required.)
- At all Masses, the clergy distributing communion sanitize their hands prior to distributing, and wear facemasks while doing so.
- UPDATED: On the left side of the church, every other pew is roped off, in order to add social distancing space between rows. The right side allows flexible seating (no ropes on pews, those comfortable sitting more closely together may sit on this side). Read Bishop Raica’s decree here, in which he has permitted this change as of April 9. A standing sign in the middle of the aisle indicates which side is which for visitors and those unfamiliar with this arrangement. It also indicates the overflow space that is in the chapel.
- The collection is not ordinarily taken up by ushers at the present time. There are brown wooden receptacles – one located by the baptismal font, one by the side entrance – where you may leave your offertory donations. We are grateful for your generosity! If there is a second collection, it will be announced, and there will be a white receptacle on a table on the edge of the sanctuary where your donations may be left after Mass. Also, please consider using our e-giving option.
- The sign of peace is omitted (being optional anyhow).
- We encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer if you wish to use it. Due to theft, we cannot leave bottles of sanitizer out in the church.
- WE ASK THAT ANYONE WHO IS SICK OR, SPECIFICALLY, MANIFESTS THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19, STAY HOME AND/OR SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT!!
- All are reminded that there is currently a dispensation from Sunday and Holy Day worship, through May 23. Read the Bishop’s latest letter HERE.
Holy Water is available in the font/stoups as you enter the church. There is also a tank (with a spigot) in the back corner of the church, from which you can fill your own holy water bottles.
Missalettes are in the pew bookracks, for those who wish to follow along with the readings. An order of worship for music at the 8:30am and 11:00am Masses is available in the back of the church and in the rack inside the side entrance.