- The use of face coverings is encouraged. We are pleased to make disposable, surgical-type masks available (usually in a container located on the baptismal font), for those who wish to take one. There are exemptions in the face mask ordinance for religious services and reasons of health.
- At Sunday Masses, the priest distributes Holy Communion on the tongue and the deacon distributes in the hand; you may choose which line you prefer. The priest and deacon sanitize their hands prior to distributing Holy Communion, and wear masks while doing so.
- Altar servers wear masks while assisting with Holy Communion (i.e., holding the communion patens or standing as sentries near the communion line).
- Every other pew is roped off, in order to add some social distancing space between rows. Within rows, we encourage a distance of at least 6′ between parties not of the same household/family.
- The collection is not taken up by ushers. There are brown wooden receptacles – one located by the baptismal font, one by the side entrance – where you may leave your offertory donations. We are grateful for your generosity! If there is a second collection, it will be announced, and there will be a white receptacle on a table on the edge of the sanctuary where your donations may be left after Mass. Also, please consider using our e-giving option.
- We encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer if you wish to use it. Due to theft we cannot leave bottles of sanitizer out in the church.
- WE ASK THAT ANYONE WHO IS SICK OR, SPECIFICALLY, MANIFESTS THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19, STAY HOME AND/OR SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT!!
- All are reminded that there is currently a dispensation from Sunday and Holy Day worship, through November 22. Read more here.
Home » COVID-19 Precautions
As we continue through the pandemic, the following are the current precautions we are taking at the Cathedral: